And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
No man, woman, or child is an island. We long for people to know and understand us. And we thrive when we are able to sympathize and love in a manner that impacts the lives of others. Wisdom that is embedded in all humanity regardless of your standing before the Lord.
But this wisdom is a sign to the Church of our deeper need for Christ-centered fellowship. The truth is the Spirit plants in all our hearts a profound desire to walk with others in the Lord. We want to be able to revel in God's love as we recite Scripture for mutual encouragement. We want help in interpreting our daily experiences in light of the love and mercy of Christ. And we desire others to pray for our sanctification that we may grow in wisdom before the Lord.
So here at CCPC our Men's & Women's Ministry have implemented Triads (Accountability Partners). We place three (sometimes 4) people together to walk in Spiritual growth. We do have a framework for you to work with, but most of the benefits and blessings will come as you own and develop the group. So what does it entail? Glad you asked!
Triads Accountability Partners
1. Triads will serve our purpose of providing accountability for one another.
2. Each triad will be made of 3 (or sometimes 4) men/women.
3. Triads should strive to meet once a week (video or in person)
What should happen in a Triad?
B. Sharing & Prayer Requests
(1) Select a book in the Bible to read during your Triad. Take time to discuss the passage and share your thoughts.
(2) Memorize Scripture together. Each week share how the passage
has impacted you.
(3) Simply share what one of you has been reading during your Personal Worship Time (Quiet Times) and discuss.
B. Sharing & Prayer Requests.
(1) Be clear on what is confidential and what can be shared outside of your triads. Guard the safety and vulnerability of your triad.
(2) Ask Questions of Accountability. Ask questions concerning sexual purity, laziness, personal worship, etc…. If you are willing to share specifically, please do. If you are not there yet, you can simply ask questions like, “From a scale of 1-5, with 5 being I’m doing great with the Lord, How are you doing in the area of sexual purity?”
(3) Ask For Prayer Requests.
(1) Please give equal time to prayer as you do to sharing.
(2) Always pray for one’s spiritual health. God cares most about our spiritual well-being.
(3) Pray for one another throughout the week. Send simple messages of encouragement. Example: “Prayed for you this morning brother.”
If you have further questions on Triads please do speak with me. We will include an email where you can sign-up. Praying that all of you may be blessed and find (and be) that friend to another in Christ.